Manager, International Reporting and Consolidation
The mission of Centessa Pharmaceuticals plc (Nasdaq: CNTA) is to deliver consequential new medicines to patients. The Centessa family includes ten wholly owned, highly specialized companies, with drug discovery and development programs in diverse therapeutic areas. The company’s organizational structure and approach combine the agility and sense of urgency typical of start-up companies with the scale and diversification typical of larger R&D organizations.
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Internal Reporting and Consolidation the Manager will oversee the global consolidation process and to support the US GAAP and IFRS financials of international subsidiaries including statutory compliances for each such subsidiary.
- Manage the monthly worldwide financial close activities including preparing, reviewing, and approving US GAAP adjustment journals for international subsidiaries.
- Review and approve account reconciliations for all international subsidiaries.
- Assess technical accounting issues for appropriate financial treatment in the financial statements.
- Oversee the monthly global financial close process. Owns the GL of the Parent Company UK entities and recording of all business transactions, including detailed analysis and reconciliation of all general ledger accounts, while ensuring compliance with US GAAP, UK GAAP, IFRS, German GAAP and local accounting requirements and internal policies.
- Actively assist in selecting, designing, and implementing a global consolidation system.
- Responsible for all intercompany reconciliations.
- Ensure accuracy of currency translations including assistance in determination of appropriate functional currency for international subsidiaries.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements to accelerate the close and reporting timelines; automate manual procedures and computations.
- Ensure statutory compliances for all international subsidiaries including, but not limited, VAT returns, Income Tax returns, R&D Tax credits, Annual filings etc. with appropriate authorities.
- Own the statutory audit process of all international subsidiaries, including preparation of materials for the financial statement audit and coordination with both external and internal audit teams.
- Responsible for SOX compliance activities, including developing and executing appropriate internal controls.
- Bachelors Degree (BA/BS) Accounting/Finance – Required
- Active CA/CPA License required
- Minimum of 8-10 years of Accounting experience required.
- Thorough understanding of IFRS and US GAAP. Understanding of German GAAP is an added advantage.
- Prior experience managing the financials of portfolio companies including hands on experience preparing stat to GAAP adjustment entries.
- Prior experience managing the statutory compliances of international subsidiaries required.
- Combination of public accounting and biotechnology/pharma industry experience.
- Excellent Excel skills required.
- Experience with ERP systems like SAP/Oracle/NetSuite/JD Edwards experience preferred
- Experience working with global consolidation tools like Oracle HFM/SAP BPC/OneStream etc
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to provide high quality work efficiently.
- Ability to gather, organize, analyze, and report large volumes of financial data with speed and accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, professional relationship-building skills.
- Ability to adapt and work in a quickly changing environment, manage competing demands.
LOCATION: Remote (UK)
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
Centessa Pharmaceuticals believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Centessa Pharmaceuticals will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.