Research Program Manager
The mission of Centessa Pharmaceuticals plc (Nasdaq: CNTA) is to deliver consequential new medicines to patients. The Centessa family includes ten wholly owned, highly specialized companies, with drug discovery and development programs in diverse therapeutic areas. The company’s organizational structure and approach combine the agility and sense of urgency typical of start-up companies with the scale and diversification typical of larger R&D organizations.
We are seeking a Research Program Manager to support multiple research programs within the Centessa family of companies. The Program Manager will be accountable to drive operational excellence, aligning functional goals and internal activities with an extensive network of external partners. S/he will develop detailed, accelerated program plans from lead generation to IND filing and early clinical trials; manage projects to reach key strategic milestones within budget and timelines; identify and escalate risks and manage risk mitigation plans.
The ideal candidate requires a deep understanding of the drug discovery process, familiarity with preclinical and pharmaceutical development activities, and experience in scenario planning.
- Work cross-functionally to build integrated development plans to bringing assets to development candidate selection, IND submission and early clinical trials
- Design, implement, and monitor integrated multidisciplinary project plans that enable the strategy, allow for data driven decision making, and ensure alignment on timeline, budget, scope, and deliverables while pro-actively identifying program risks and implement mitigation strategies
- Maintain project dashboards, Gantt charts, finance systems, and documents to track and report on progress and drive efficient decision making by acting as a key liaison between project team and stakeholders
- Effectively communicate project status and progress to management, partners, and governance teams
- Facilitate cross-functional team meetings in preparing agendas, presentation materials, and meeting minutes that ensure follow up of action items
- CRO management including vendor supervision directing pharmacology, pharmacokinetic, and toxicological studies, as well as CMC related activities; actioning key studies, reviewing experimental protocols and procedures with functional leads when needed
- Provide PM support for the planning and preparation of documents to a quality standard required for Regulatory/Health Authority submissions
- Work effectively in a global and virtual environment with an international team, operating across US, EU, and Asia time zone
- Advanced degree in Life Sciences or a relevant field; PhD degree preferred, or demonstration of equivalent with a combination of relevant educational and professional experience
- 8+ years’ experience in the life sciences industry, with 5+ years of Project Management experience in cross-functional drug discovery and/or early development environment
- Experience of managing a discovery research project to IND filing and beyond
- Working knowledge of project management principles and practices with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment (PMP certification is an advantage)
- Drug development knowledge with advanced understanding of different disciplines including in vitro and in vivo pharmacology, medicinal chemistry, outsourcing, ADME, toxicology, regulatory and CMC activities
- Strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Agile with an ability to respond positively to continuous change and to bring creative solutions to challenges
- Exceptional computer proficiency – advanced knowledge of and experience with MS-Office applications (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project)
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills (resources, timelines, cost/risk/benefit analysis, and overseeing data management)
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt, Flexibility for Remote Work
EEOC Statement: Centessa Pharmaceuticals believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Centessa Pharmaceuticals will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.