Clinical Program Manager
The mission of Centessa Pharmaceuticals plc (Nasdaq: CNTA) is to deliver consequential new medicines to patients. The Centessa family includes ten wholly owned, highly specialized companies, with drug discovery and development programs in diverse therapeutic areas. The company’s organizational structure and approach combine the agility and sense of urgency typical of start-up companies with the scale and diversification typical of larger R&D organizations.
Centessa is seeking a Clinical Program Manager (CPM) that will be accountable for driving operational excellence within one or more Centessa clinical stage programs. The Clinical Program Manager will partner with the Global Development Lead to align functional goals and internal activities with an extensive network of external partners. In addition, the CPM will be accountable for the cross-functional planning of the overall program(s) including definition of the operational strategy, management of timelines, cost, quality, and risk assessment and mitigation. The role requires active involvement, to meet schedules or resolve problems or conflicts, and entails frequent interaction with collaborators, vendors, consultants, functional peer groups at various management levels and senior management.
- Partner with the Development Program Lead (DPL) to lead a cross-functional matrix team of experts in advancing a Centessa clinical asset within the remit of their Development Program Team (DPT).
- Design, implement, and monitor integrated multidisciplinary development project plans that enable the strategy, allow for data driven decision making, and ensure alignment on timeline, budget, scope, and deliverables
- Pro-actively identify program risks and mitigation strategies
- Maintain project dashboards, Gantt charts, finance systems, and documents to track and report on progress
- Drive efficient decision making by acting as a key liaison between the project team and stakeholders while effectively communicating project status and progress to management, partners, and governance teams
- Manage interdependencies and connections between functions and ensure visibility and alignment
- Facilitate cross-functional team meetings in preparing agendas, presentation materials, and meeting minutes that ensure follow up of action items
- Provide periodic status reports regarding study timelines, accruals, etc. as requested
- Provide support for the planning and preparation of documents to a quality standard required for Regulatory/Health Authority submissions
- Work effectively in a global and virtual environment with an international team, operating across US, EU, and Asia time zones
- Advanced degree in Life Sciences or a relevant field; PhD degree preferred, or demonstration of equivalent with a combination of relevant educational and professional experience
- 8+ years’ experience in the life sciences industry, with 5+ years of Project Management experience in clinical drug or program development or equivalent academic experience in clinical trials.
- Strong communication, collaboration, interpersonal skills, and influence to accomplish work without formal authority and to ensure optimal team performance.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others within and external to the company, including investigators, CROs, vendors and global team members.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills (resources, timelines, cost/risk/benefit analysis, and overseeing data management)
- Working knowledge of project management principles and practices with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment (PMP certification is an advantage)
- Familiarity with the design and conduct of clinical trials and project management in company relevant therapeutic areas
- Working knowledge of current global regulatory requirements and guidelines for clinical trials
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt, Flexibility for Remote Work
EEOC Statement: Centessa Pharmaceuticals believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Centessa Pharmaceuticals will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.