The mission of Centessa Pharmaceuticals plc (Nasdaq: CNTA) is to deliver consequential new medicines to patients. The Centessa family includes ten wholly owned, highly specialized companies, with drug discovery and development programs in diverse therapeutic areas. The company’s organizational structure and approach combine the agility and sense of urgency typical of start-up companies with the scale and diversification typical of larger R&D organizations.
We are continuing to build our finance department and are seeking a Manager of Accounting. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Accounting & Reporting, the Manager of Accounting will manage the accounting function across all subsidiaries in accordance with US GAAP and will help support consolidation and external reporting.
- Drive the accounting close process across all subsidiaries – review journal entries, account reconciliations and other close deliverables.
- Perform financial analysis each month to ensure accurate financial reporting across all subsidiaries.
- Support the implementation and review of complex Excel models to track R&D accrual needs.
- Develop and foster strong working relationship with internal and external business partners.
- Support day-to-day vendor invoice workflow for accounts payable activities ensuring authorization/approvals within the company’s corporate grants of authority and SOX404/internal controls.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements to accelerate the close and reporting timelines; automate manual procedures and computations.
- Responsible for SOX compliance activities, including developing and executing appropriate internal controls.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as required to support business decision making.
- Perform additional accounting and reporting duties as requested by Finance/Accounting management, including review of general ledger account reconciliations and closing journal entries.
- Actively assist in the design and implementing a global ERP.
- Support quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Bachelors Degree (BA/BS) Accounting/Finance with an active CPA License preferred
- Minimum of 8-10 years of Accounting experience required with at least 1-2 years of management experience.
- Thorough understanding US GAAP, IFRS and local accounting standards. Experience with UK, France and Germany accounting is an added advantage.
- Combination of public accounting and biotechnology/pharma industry experience is preferred.
- Excellent Excel skills required.
- Experience with ERP systems like SAP/Oracle/NetSuite/JD Edwards as well as consolidation systems like Oracle HFM/SAP BPC/OneStream preferred
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to provide high quality work efficiently.
- Ability to gather, organize, analyze, and report large volumes of financial data with speed and accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Centessa Pharmaceuticals believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Centessa Pharmaceuticals will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.