Director, Clinical Scientist
The mission of Centessa Pharmaceuticals plc (Nasdaq: CNTA) is to deliver consequential new medicines to patients. The Centessa family includes ten wholly owned, highly specialized companies, with drug discovery and development programs in diverse therapeutic areas. The company’s organizational structure and approach combine the agility and sense of urgency typical of start-up companies with the scale and diversification typical of larger R&D organizations.
Centessa is growing its clinical organization and we are looking for a Director, Clinical Scientist. The Director, Clinical Scientist will play a pivotal role in supporting key programs within Centessa. Reporting to the Vice President, Global Team Leader, the Clinical Scientist will be responsible for providing scientific support for all clinical development activities.
- Define program priorities and program/trial deliverables to ensure timely completion in accordance with Program strategy
- Work proactively in a matrix-based environment to ensure trial deliverables and knowledge sharing
- Lead construction and completion of key documents such as Clinical Development Plans (CDP), Investigator’s brochures, Clinical Study Reports (CSR), Clinical sections of regulatory documents and other relevant documents
- Understand the asset’s biological mechanism, clinical strategy, scientific interpretation of disease and target-based literature
- Develop relationships with appropriate consultants
- Advanced scientific degree (M.S., Ph.D., Pharm D., MPH, or similar degree) required with 8+ years of industry experience in clinical development is highly preferred
- Understanding of general (and specific) therapeutic principles
- Experience designing and executing industry-sponsored clinical trials
- Broad experience in the principles of clinical trial methodology, statistics, data analysis and interpretation
- Expert in scientific literature searches and weighing of quality peer reviewed data
- Experience authoring study essential documents, Clinical Study Reports, and regulatory documents
- Strong broad therapeutic area experience
- Ability to clearly communicate to internal and external stakeholders orally and in writing
- Experience interacting with varying levels of internal/external management and/or academicians and/or clinicians and/or scientists, etc.
- Strong business acumen: including in-depth knowledge of the multidisciplinary functions involved in a company’s drug development process, e.g., clinical operations, biostatistics, regulatory, commercial operations, etc. and can proactively integrate multiple perspectives into the clinical development process for best end-results
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and goals to ensure completion in a timely manner within budget
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt, Flexibility for Remote Work
EEOC Statement: Centessa Pharmaceuticals believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Centessa Pharmaceuticals will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.