Sr. Scientist, LockBody
The mission of Centessa Pharmaceuticals plc (Nasdaq: CNTA) is to deliver consequential new medicines to patients. The Centessa family includes wholly owned, highly specialized companies, with drug discovery and development programs in diverse therapeutic areas. The company’s organizational structure and approach combine the agility and sense of urgency typical of start-up companies with the scale and diversification typical of larger R&D organizations.
LockBody, a Centessa company, is pioneering a platform technology to develop LockBody therapeutics for optimal targeting of solid tumors by the immune system. We are currently looking for Sr. Scientist to provide biologics discovery and engineering experience to the Discovery Biology team. The role will also involve leading/co-leading early exploratory and discovery research programs. This position requires a highly motivated and enthusiastic scientist with hands-on expertise in taking novel target ideas from exploratory stage to preclinical development. Successful candidates must demonstrate a high level of autonomy, initiative and decision making.
- Perform NME design and support creation efforts within Discovery Biology group
- Lead discovery research programs to identify therapeutics for immune-oncology related targets
- Support existing and new LockBody programs
- Co-develop assays that support in vitroscreening activities
- Work collaboratively with CROs to ensure design and execution of experiments are carried out appropriately
- Communicate results and overall strategy of the projects to others including senior leadership
- Assist in the preparation of reports to support regulatory filings
- BSc/MSc/Ph.D. in Life Sciences
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Sr. Scientist in the design and creation of biologic drugs
- Full-time industry experience supporting preclinical development
- Experience managing and coordinating with external CROs is a plus
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Centessa Pharmaceuticals believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Centessa Pharmaceuticals will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.