Principal/Sr. Scientist, LockBody(Boston)
The mission of Centessa Pharmaceuticals plc (Nasdaq: CNTA) is to deliver consequential new medicines to patients. The Centessa family includes wholly owned, highly specialized companies, with drug discovery and development programs in diverse therapeutic areas. The company’s organizational structure and approach combine the agility and sense of urgency typical of start-up companies with the scale and diversification typical of larger R&D organizations.
LockBody, a Centessa company, is pioneering a platform technology to develop LockBody therapeutics for optimal targeting of solid tumors by the immune system. We are currently looking for Sr. Scientist to provide biologics discovery and engineering experience to the Discovery Biology team. The role will also involve leading/co-leading early exploratory and discovery research programs. This position requires a highly motivated and enthusiastic scientist with hands-on expertise in taking novel target ideas from exploratory stage to preclinical development. Successful candidates must demonstrate a high level of autonomy, initiative and decision making.
- Drive the LockBody pipeline forward by identifying suitable animal models and evaluating next-generation LockBody therapeutics
- Propose, plan and manage study execution at external CROs to characterize LockBody therapeutics in a variety of in vivo and cell-based systems
- Design tolerability, PKPD, and efficacy studies
- Co-develop assays that support in vitro screening activities
- Lead discovery research programs to identify therapeutics for immuno-oncology related targets
- Communicate results and overall strategy of the projects to others, including senior leadership
- Assist in the preparation of reports to support regulatory filings
- BS/MS or PhD in Biology, Pharmacology, or related field
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the immuno-oncology animal models
- Full-time industry experience supporting preclinical development
- Experience managing and coordinating with external CROs
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Centessa Pharmaceuticals believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Centessa Pharmaceuticals will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.