Office Manager (Contract Position); 24 Hours Per Week
Centessa Pharmaceuticals plc (Nasdaq: CNTA) new kind of pharmaceutical company with a deconstructed R&D environment that prioritizes data driven decision making led by subject matter experts. Centessa companies are advancing a portfolio of high conviction programs with strong biological validation.
Our asset-centric model offers a unique R&D logic that has been applied by single asset companies to improve productivity. This operating model has minimal centralized infrastructure, reduced hierarchy, and exclusive focus on data driven capital allocation. Our teams are uniquely incentivized to expeditiously interrogate key scientific hypotheses. We believe the asset-centric model can lead to improved success rates for programs with greater speed and modest costs.
Centessa is looking for an Office Manager (in our new Boston office for core hours Monday through Friday. This is a six to nine months contract position with the possibility of an extension. This individual will be responsible for general office management and reception and is the first point of contact for the entire organization. Your positive attitude and professional demeanor will set the tone for the office and ensure a pleasant experience for our guests and employees.
- Welcome all guests. Understanding a level of confidentiality as it relates to visitors.
- Answer and direct incoming calls. Answer questions about the organization and provide callers with address, directions, and other pertinent information.
- Daily understanding of all conference room bookings to manage conflicts and last-minute requests.
- Liaison with building security.
- Report general maintenance issues to the appropriate office or building services personnel.
- Receive, sort and distribute mail.
- Ensure common areas (reception area, café and conference rooms) are well maintained and has a professional appearance.
- Receive, forward and file confidential information pertaining to facilities.
- Operate standard office machines and equipment including computers, scanners, printers, copiers, and AV.
- Assist in the maintenance of the company intranet. Prepare a monthly calendar as a visual tool for collaboration.
- Work with the HR team to coordinate onsite, virtual, and offsite company events.
- Track and replenish office and café supplies.
- Provide a variety of administrative and clerical duties as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of office management/administrative experience.
- Ability to work core onsite hours Monday through Thursday from 8.00a-3.00p with availability to work additional hours as needed during event weeks (Board meetings, etc.).
- Upbeat and positive attitude.
- Must exercise a high degree of professionalism, diplomacy and discretion in handling confidential information and sound judgment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Exceptional Microsoft Office and time management skills.
- Comfortable collaborating with all levels of the organization as well as with external contacts and vendors.
- Forward thinking, ability to foresee and intercept conflicts before they arise.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
POSITION: Boston Based, Contract Position
EEOC Statement: Centessa Pharmaceuticals believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Centessa Pharmaceuticals will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.